Fume and Gas Heat Recovery Systems
Sol-Tech Solution Technology produces 3 different types of fume and gas heat recovery exchangers:
- Spiroidal finned tube heat recovery systems
- Smooth tube heat recovery systems
- Tube bundle heat recovery systems
SPIROIDAL FINNED TUBE HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEMS
The advantages of this kind of spiroidal fin tube fume and gas heat recovery exchanger are many:
- Great manufacturing flexibility
- The chance of choosing many different types of tube in terms of material, diameter and thickness, depending on the fluids used (the materials that can be used for the tubes are steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium and copper)
- The fins can be made out of strips of any kind of metal, of any height, thickness and variable spacings.
The most frequent combinations of pipe and fins in the fume and gas heat recovery exchangers are: Stainless steel/Stainless steel – Stainless steel/AL – Fe/Fe – Fe/Al.
In these cases, the tubes have considerable thickness; they in fact range between 1.5 mm for the stainless steel to a maximum of 3 mm for the Carbon steel; even the spiroidal fins are fairly thick (not less that 0.4 mm), with a perfect mechanical adhesion to the pipes.
SMOOTH TUBE HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEMS
The smooth tube fume and gas heat recovery exchangers may provide the most suitable solution particularly in 2 cases:
- In industrial plants where the air is particularly dusty or there are oils in suspension or similar, as happens for example in building site plants or for high temperature fume heat recovery systems.
- If the operation takes place in very difficult conditions with serious corrosion, temperature and pressure problems.
The material usually used for smooth tube fume and gas heat recovery systems are Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel, but steel, copper and aluminium can also be used. In these kinds of heat exchangers the tubes are very thick; they range from a minimum of 1.5 mm for Stainless Steel up to a maximum of 3 mm for Carbon Steel tubes.
The testing of the fume and gas heat recovery systems takes place using dehydrated compressed air, within a range of between 10 and 30 bar and immersion in a tank of water.
With this system one can identify and eliminate without fail any anomalies or leaks in the welding joints. And what’s more one leaves no trace of humidity inside the tubes.
TUBE BUNDLE HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEMS
The tube bundle fume and gas heat recovery exchangers have the following technical features:
- Header, tube plate, fume connections and dilatation joint in AISI304 or AISI316
- Mantel and hydraulic connections in Carbon Steels
- Thermal exchange tubes in AISI316
- Diaphragms in materials compatible with the fluids used!
- Asbestos free gaskets
- High resistance steel bolts
- PED certification, where necessary, and other certifications on request
ADVANTAGES OF SOL-TECH SRL SOLUTION TECHNOLOGY
Installing one’s own fume and gas heat recovery exchangers with Sol-Tech srl Solution Technology means:
- Getting advice on the type of materials, the sizes and the most appropriate combination for your requirements.
- Utmost accuracy in the calculation and sizing of the heat exchangers.
To receive information on our fume and gas heat recovery exchanger units you may contact us using the form contact us or by calling 02.49500652.